Wednesday, December 27, 2006

December 27th Daily Word and Visions from God

Luke 3.1-20-The main character in this drama, to whom I'm a mere stagehand, will ignite kingdom life, a fire, the Holy Spirit within you, changing you from the inside out. He's going to clean house--make a clean sweep of your lives. He'll place everything true in its proper place before God; everything false he'll put out with the trash to be burned.
Ezekiel 40-41-He measured the Temple...
Isaiah 62-Walk out the gates. Get going!
John 21.20-25-Jesus did many other things. If they were all written in books, I don't suppose there would be room enough in the whole world for all the books.
---
Whew! What a mess! I work around the house. I do odd jobs for others. But I'm not so great on the clean-up after the job with my tools. I tend to just dump them back in the shop. Then once or twice a year the clutter is so bad, I have to clean it up. I have to reorganize it all so I can find what I need when I need it. This is a bad and poor working habit that needs to change. Sometimes my life is like this too. I need change from the inside out. I need to clean house. Clean my spiritual life. A clean sweep putting everything in its proper place. Get my priorities straight in eternity. Put first those things that matter eternally. Let the other things follow or serve what matters in eternity. Then walk out the gates and get going. Doing the thing Jesus would have me do. Those written in his Word and those he directs that couldn't even be contained in his Word. Measure my activities to what God wants and calls me to do, not using my own measurement system. That's when the clutter in my life will straighten out. That's when God will straighten and clean me up...from the inside out. OK---I'm ready Lord. Let's get to this job!
---
Lord, straighten and clean me up. ---Amen

No comments: