Sunday, December 17, 2006

December 17th Daily Word and Visions from God

December 17th Daily Word and Visions from God






Philippians 4-I’m glad in God, far happier than you would ever guess—happy that you’re again showing such strong concern for me.
Ezekiel 24-And they’ll recognize that I am GOD.
Isaiah 52-Wake up, wake up!
Luke 3.7-18-But someone more powerful is going to come, and I am not good enough even to untie his sandals.
---
Phoebe and Abraham after a full day of running and play. All pooped out. Resting in comfort and joy. God brings rest to me when I need it. After a day of play with him in his Kingdom, God gives the joyful rest I need. Like Paul in Philippians, I’m glad in God, far happier than you would ever guess. After working in God’s Kingdom and seeing his presence all day long revealed, I recognize that he is God. I recognize his love for all people. I recognize his grace. Then rest. Joyful rest. But at some point it’s time to wake up! Wake up again refreshed and ready to continue the work that God has planned for me in his life with me. Wake up and move into the day once again with someone more powerful than me. Someone who has come to me and this world. Someone whose sandals I am not even good enough to untie. Someone who has blessed me with his presence. Wake up! Christ has come. His advent is here! Wake up!
---
Lord, you have come---I’m awake---Let’s play! ---Amen

No comments: