Sunday, December 31, 2006

December 31st Daily Word and Visions from God

Luke 5.1-26-Push out into deep water and let your nets out for a catch.
Ezekiel 48-From now on the name of the city will be YAHWEH-SHAMMAH: "GOD-IS-THERE."
Isaiah 66-But there is something I'm looking for: a person simple and plain, reverently responsive to what I say.
Luke 2.41-52-Three days later they found Jesus sitting in the temple..."Why did you have to look for me? Didn't you know that I would be in my Father's house?"
---
The focus for the year. The focus for life. The focus must be placed on the act of love in Christ Jesus. Love the encourages me to push out into deep water and let my nets down. Push out into deep water in faith and love and joy of all Jesus has done. Push out into deep water...GOD-IS-THERE. When the struggles of this year seem like mountains which cannot be passed, I need to know that in that deep water, God is there. God is there in a Savior, by my side, in the boat with me in the deep waters. God is there with me looking right at this plain and simple man. Will I respond to what he has to say? I will. I will also notice that in the deep waters, I can see Jesus after three days in his temple, in his Father's house showing me how to sit and listen and learn. In the deep waters of this past year, I focus on the cross and am overjoyed with the sustaining presence of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, even while I'm in the deep waters. Thanks be to God!
---
Lord, I'm in deep waters now and need you more than ever. I'm listening and learning. Show me the way. ---amen

No comments: