Sunday, December 03, 2006

December 3rd Daily Word and Visions from God

Galatians 6-Live creatively, friends. If someone falls into sin, forgivingly restore him, saving your critical comments for yourself. You might be needing forgiveness before the day's out.
Ezekiel 2-3-"Son of man, eat what you see. Eat this book. Then go and speak to the family of Israel."
Psalm 149-Hallelujah! Sing to GOD a brand-new song, praise him in the company of all who love him.
Luke 21.25-36-Then the Son of Man will be seen, coming in a cloud with great power and glory.
---
Every other Saturday night we have what I call a "pill party"---time to stock up a couple weeks of those daily pill boxes with morning and evening pills. We usually have this at the same time we share prayer and devotions together. Some Bible-some coffee-a snack and a bunch of pills. All items that take care of body and soul. All items to help restore body and soul. When I sin, my soul needs restoration. When another sins against me, I need to forgive just as much as I may need forgiven too. I need to watch my critical comments. They always tend to slip right out. Then guess who needs forgiveness too! I can tend to be very sarcastic and insulting. I must watch my tongue and use it to honor God. Honor God with a new song ---not use my tongue to hurt another with sarcasm. So I work on all that. Usually more than work on it---I struggle with all that. But at some point I need God to help and guide me and forgive me. So I turn to that Bible and eat the Word. Pills for the body and the Word for my soul. And someday---someday---all will be fulfilled in the coming of Christ on the clouds---what a glorious "pill party" that will be! All part of the "pill party" this evening. One thing about the image above---don't ask me how the pink bra got in the picture---it's not mine!---I think it needs to be put away!
---
Lord, I give you thanks and praise that you give me "daily bread" ---you provide for body and soul. ---Amen

No comments: