Saturday, December 09, 2006

December 9th Daily Word and Visions from God

Ephesians 5.1-20-Watch what God does, and then you do it, like children who learn proper behavior from their parents. Mostly what God does is love you. Keep company with him and learn a life of love. Observe how Christ loves us. His love was not cautious but extravagant. He didn't love in order to get something from us but to give everything of himself to us. Love like that.
Ezekiel 14-15-Therefore, say to the house of Israel: 'GOD, the Master, says, Repent!'
Isaiah 44-GOD, King of Israel, your Redeemer, GOD-of-the-Angel-Armies, says: "I'm first, I'm last, and everything in between. I'm the only God there is."
Philippians 1.3-11-Every time I think of you, I thank my God. And whenever I mention you in my prayers, it makes me happy. This is because you have taken part with me in spreading the good news from the first day you heard about it...I pray that your love will keep on growing and that you will fully know and understand how to make the right choices. Then you will still be pure and innocent when Christ returns.
---
This is Sally, Sarah's turtle. Turtles live a really long time it seems. But here life isn't much. She is well fed and just hangs out in this aquarium. Resting in the fall of water. Sunning on a summer day from time to time in a kiddy pool. But Sally mostly lives in a flow of water day after day. I'm like Sally in some ways. I live in a flow of God's baptismal water day after day. God is continually washing me with his love day after day. Giving me all I need to live on and with. But the greatest gift in the water is the Love he gives. I can see from the life of Christ true love. A Love God wants me to give to others in my world day after day. A love that brings joy in remembering others who are working and serving and playing with me in this water filled Kingdom of God. I can see in the Life of Jesus how we wants me to live. But I fail and each day I turn back to God. Repent of my sin and am re-washed with his Love once again. Sent out to turn from sin and see God's Life and Love once again and freely give that Love to the world I live in. Day after day make God first and realize that he is God and depend on him for all Life and Love.
---
Lord, I repent and will try to do better. Please send me into your Kingdom this day to spread your Love. ---Amen

No comments: