Saturday, December 02, 2006

December 2nd Daily Word and Visions from God

Galatians 5.16-26-But what happens when we live God's way? He brings gifts into our lives, much the same way that fruit appears in an orchard--things like affection for others, exuberance about life, serenity. We develop a willingness to stick with things, a sense of compassion in the heart, and a conviction that a basic holiness permeates things and people. We find ourselves involved in loyal commitments, not needing to force our way in life, able to marshal and direct our energies wisely.
Ezekiel 1-Brightness everywhere! The way a rainbow springs out of the sky on a rainy day--that's what it was like, It turned out to be the Glory of GOD! When I saw all this, I fell to my knees, my face to the ground. then I heard a voice.
Psalm 148-Let them praise the name of GOD--it's the only Name worth praising. His radiance exceeds anything in earth and sky; he's built a monument--his very own people!
1 Thessalonians 3.9-13-May the Lord make your love for each other and for everyone else grow by leaps and bounds.
---
I attended a service last night of Lessons and Carols for Advent and Christmas at Weaver Chapel-Wittenberg University. Much about this chapel strikes me. As I reflect on this somewhat blurry picture of the chapel steeple, I can't help but wonder if the light source really isn't reversed here. Rather than that actuality of light being broadcast upwards it appears to begin at a single point in the sky and illuminate downwards, spreading light as it proceeds to the earth. Then thinking of the Advent season I think, that the light of Christ did, just this evening, originate from above and proceed to earth, spreading throughout the congregation as we lit candles one by one. God sent his Light into this dark world to illuminate it with his Love and Life. And we in turn light the world with his Light through actions of love, affection and compassion for others, exuberance of Life, and a holy Light that permeates all people and things. The Light spreads brightness everywhere in this dark world and illuminates this world with hope making our love for each other and everyone grow by leaps and bounds. Oh how when I see that single point of Light spreading downward into this chapel do I want to fall on my knees, my face to the ground and praise the Glory of the Lord. Thanks be to God for that single point of Light he sent so brightly into my world this evening and forever! And may the point of Light spread from, through and all around me to all the world.
---
Lord, you are Light, Love and Life---I praise and honor your glory. Use me this day to spread your Light. ---Amen

No comments: