Friday, June 15, 2007

June 15th Daily Word, Hymn and Psalm

Here in this place the new light is streaming, now is the darkness vanished away; see in this space our fears and our dreamings brought here to you in the light of this day. Gather us in, the lost and forsaken, gather us in, the blind and the lame; call to us now, and we shall awaken, we shall arise at the sound of our name. ("Gather Us In" - Text Marty Haugen, b. 1950)
---
Mark 2-And Jesus seeing their faith said to the paralytic, "Son, your sins are forgiven."
2 Samuel 4-5-...Behold, we are your bone and your flesh.
Daniel 2.24-49-However, there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries...
Psalm 32-I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD"; and You forgave the guilt of my sin.
--- --- ---
Your space is My space. You are My flesh and bone, I am in you and you are in Me. Now go and let My Light stream forth from you.
---
When I think of space, I think of places that belong to me.
But then I realize that none of the space belongs to me.
All space belongs to You.
What I think is my space is Your space.

When I think of my being; I think of my body.
But then I realize that my body does not belong to me.
My body belongs to You.
What I think in my body is Your body.

You have chosen to unite Yourself with flesh and blood.
You have chosen to save me through Your flesh and blood.
My spirit belongs to You.
What I think is my spirit is Your spirit.

You gave the world Light.
Created Light for me.
In that Light I see Jesus.
What I think is my Light is Your Light.

You took my sin into You.
You died on that cross for my sin.
In that sin, I see Life in You.
What I think is my sin became Your sin.

You reveal mysteries beyond my comprehension.
I turn to You in all Your mystery and seek forgiveness.
You take my sin and forgive me.
What I think is my forgiveness is that awesome forgiveness from You.

I am filled with Your Light in the freedom you graciously give.
I run to the world and proclaim Your glory.
You give me glory in Your glory.
What I think is Your glory becomes my glory.

I have faith in You.
I place all trust and hope in You.
Only through You do I live.
I am alive! I am in You! You are in me!

Thanks be to God!
---
Lord, You have revealed Your mystery of Love in Jesus Christ. I give You thanks for this mysterious forgiveness. I ask that You would forgive my sin. Fill me with Your Light. Help me to turn from sin. Fill me with faith in You. Send me to do your work for Your purpose. ---Amen

No comments: