Thursday, June 07, 2007

June 7th Daily Word, Hymn and Psalm

Words from afar, stars that are falling, sparks that are sown in us like seed: names for our God, dreams, signs and wonders sent from the past are all we need. We in this place remember and speak again what we have heard: God's free redeeming word. ("What Is This Place" - Text Huub Oosterhuis, b. 1933; tr. David Smith, b. 1933)
---
Romans 12-And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.
1 Samuel 23-24-So David inquired of the LORD...
Psalm 67-Let the peoples praise You, O God; let all the peoples praise You.
Psalm 68.1-10, 19-20-Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears our burden, the God who is our salvation.
--- --- ---
Look around - renew your mind - see Me around, in and with you and find My comfort I give you.
---
I look to the stars and they seem so distant.
I look to the moon as it quietly yet brightly shines.
I see the planets spinning in space.
I shade the brightness of the sun.
The universe seems so far away from me.
I can't fathom creation.

I look below at a blade of grass.
I feel the warm breeze.
I see insects on the ground.
I see birds in the air freely flying.
The world seems so close to me and in my face.
I can't fathom creation.

I hear the noise of traffic.
I hear jet engines in the sky.
I read the printed word of a book.
I see the effects of electricity.
The world seems so in my control.
I can't fathom creation.

We gather together to worship You.
We sing praise and give thanks.
We unite as one body with various gifts.
You come to be with us and stay with us.
You died and rose so we could live.
I can't fathom Your Love.

I go proclaiming Your salvation.
I live Your Love in my world.
I look at the universe and see You.
I look at my world and see You.
We take Your Love and make it active.
We live for You.
---
Lord, each day I look around---sometimes when You seem so distant---so awesome---it's hard for me to imagine why You care for us. Then I see how You came to all of us and how You come to each of us. I see a Love that passes all understanding. But I also am gracious that You have freely given this Love to us and to me. And I live out my life to and in You because of what You have done for me. Thank You! ---Amen

No comments: