Sunday, June 10, 2007

June 10th Daily Word, Hymn and Psalm

Unseal our lips to sing your praise in endless hymns through all our days; increase our faith and light our minds; and set us free from doubt that blinds. ("Lord Jesus Christ, Be Present Now" - Text: attr. Wilhelm II, 1598-1662; tr. Catherine Winkworth, 1827-1878, alt.)
---
Romans 15.1-13-Now may the God who gives perseverance and encouragement grant you to be of the same mind with one another according to Christ Jesus, so that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Samuel 27-28-So now also, please listen to the voice of your maidservant, and let me set a piece of bread before you that you may eat and have strength when you go on your way.
Psalm 70-Let all who seek You rejoice and be glad in You; and let those who love Your salvation say continually, "Let God be magnified."
Luke 7.11-17-And He came up and touched the coffin; and the bearers came to a halt. And He said, "Young man, I say to you, arise!" The dead man sat up and began to speak.
--- --- ---
Let My touch bring you Life from death.
---
I come before You this day in praise and thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving for the gift of children.
Thanksgiving for the blessings of their lives.
Each child unique and loving.
Each child precious to me.
-
I come before You this day giving thanks for graduations.
Thanks for a life lived together.
Thanks for football games and concerts and softball.
Thanks for time spent together with homework.
Thanks for the one on one conversations.
-
In life Lord You give all we need.
In life You have encouraged us.
In life You have taught us the way.
In life You show us how to persevere.
We praise You, Almighty God!
-
Lord, through the lives of children You teach me too.
You teach me how to love.
You teach me how to teach.
You teach me how to trust in You.
You bless me as a parent.
-
For both children and parents You freely grant Life from death.
We praise You for our relationship with parent and child.
We praise You and thank You for relationship with You.
We love You and magnify Your name.
We spring to Life from death and shout Your majesty in Life.
---
Lord, today we celebrate my youngest child's High School graduation. We party for a life You freely gave to us. We celebrate the times together in laughter, joy and even in sorrow and pain. We celebrate life. I give You thanks for the Life You gave to us. I give You thanks for the Life we live in You. I give You thanks for the Life through Jesus Christ. May we celebrate Life today and always. As we celebrate the life of Stephanie, we celebrate Your Life freely given too. We are richly blessed. Thanks! ---Amen

No comments: