Friday, June 29, 2007

June 29th Daily Word, Hymn and Psalm

We are your heart, O Christ, your hands and voice, to serve your people is our call and choice, and in this mission we, the church, rejoice, alleluia! ("To Be Your Presence" - Text: Delores Dufner, OSB, b. 1939)
---
Mark 10.1-31-Looking at him, Jesus felt a love for him and said to him...
2 Samuel 23-The God of Israel said, The rock of Israel spoke to me, "He who rules over men righteously, who rules in the fear of God, is as the light of the morning when the sun rises, a morning without clouds, when the tender grass springs out of the earth, through sunshine after rain.
Hosea 3-Afterward the sons of Israel will return and seek the LORD their God and David their king; and they will come trembling to the LORD and to His goodness in the last days.
Acts 12.1-11-And behold, and angel of the Lord suddenly appeared and a light shone in the cell; and he struck Peter's side and woke him up sayng, "Ge up quickly," And his chains fell off his hands. And the angel said to him, "Gird yourself and put on your sandals." And he did so. And he said to him, "Wrap your cloak around you and follow me."
--- --- ---
You have been freed from the slavery of sin to love and serve Me and each other.
---
You free me from my sin.
You send me to Love others.
You send me to be a servant in my freedom.
You had compassion on me.
You send me to have compassion on others.
You send me the Son.
You water me with Love in baptismal waters.
You grow me in You.
You refresh and nourish my soul.
You free me from my prison of death.
You wrap me in Your mantle of protection.
You loose the chains of my sin.
You give me purpose and mission.
I gladly go.
I gladly serve.
I gladly proclaim Your glory.
I gladly love those You give to me.
I gladly go.
---
Lord, You provide it all. Thanks! I will serve You this day. ---Amen

No comments: