Sunday, June 03, 2007

June 3rd - Daily Word, Hymn and Psalm

June 3rd - Daily Word, Hymn and Psalm
Dearest Jesus, at your word we have come again to hear you; let our thoughts and hearts be stirred and in glowing faith be near you as the promises here given draw us wholly up to heaven. ("Dearest Jesus, at Your Word"- Text: Tobias Clausnitzer, 1619-1684)
---
Romans 9.1-29-So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy.
1 Samuel 17.55-18.30-Now it came about when he had finished speaking to Saul. that the soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as himself.
Psalm 63-Thus I have seen You in the sanctuary, to see Your power and Your glory. Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips will praise You.
John 16.12-15-All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.
--- --- ---
Just as two close friends are knit soul to soul; I am knit to the Father, the Father is knit to the Spirit and the Spirit is knit to the Son. So I will be knit to you.
---
I run and run and seem to go nowhere.
I search and search and seem to find nothing.
Then I see You!
-
You run to me.
You search me out and find me.
Then I see You!
-
I see You in the Sanctuary.
I see Your power and glory.
I see You!
-
I see Your lovingkindness.
I learn from the Spirit.
I see You!
-
I see You Father!
I see You Son!
I see You Spirit!
-
You come to me!
You knit me soul to soul with others
You knit us together in You.
-
I see You!
We see You!
We praise You!
---
Lord, the Trinity is an awesome, wonderful, powerful mystery. I give You all my praise and thanks for Your presence in my life. ---Amen

No comments: