Saturday, June 16, 2007

June 16th Daily Word, Hymn and Psalm

Here thy praise is gladly chanted, here thy seed is duly sown; let my soul, where it is planted, bring forth precious sheaves alone, so that all I hear may be fruitful unto life in me. ("Open Now Thy Gates of Beauty" – Text Benjamin Schmolck, 1672-1737; tr. Catherine Winkworth, 1827-1878, alt.)
---
Mark 3.1-19-Jesus withdrew to the sea with His disciples…
2 Samuel 6-And David was dancing before the LORD with all his might…
Daniel 3-He said, "Look! I see four men loosed and walking about in the midst of the fire without harm, and the appearance of the fourth is like a son of the gods!"
Galatians 2.15-21-I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.
--- --- ---
Feel My presence in all creation and become one with Me.
---
I hear the singing of creation.
I hear the birds, dogs, and small creatures in the leaves.
I see the beauty of all You have made.
Beauty surrounding me.

In this place there is praise sung to You.
In this place You have planted life.
You give rest and renewal.
You give a Sabbath rest.

Let this rest bring forth Your beauty.
Let this rest bring forth faith.
You cause me to dance for joy.
You cause me to praise Your glory.

You have called me to be with You in rest.
You have called me to stand for You.
I see Your presence in the midst of the fire with me.
You are with me in work and in rest.

I give You thanks that You are with me and in me.
I give You thanks for faith so deep.
I give You thanks that You died to sin with and for me.
I give You thanks that I can live!
---
Lord, Your creation is awesome. I see, I hear, I smell, I sense with my whole being the Life You freely give. Life in You and with You. You live with me in the good times and the bad times. You bless me richly. Be with me this day to lead me and guide me. Show Your presence and hear my praise. ---Amen

No comments: