Saturday, June 30, 2007

June 30th Daily Word, Hymn and Psalm

With praise and thanksgiving to God everliving, the tasks of our everyday life we will face--our faith ever sharing, in love ever caring, embracing God's children, the whole human race. With your feast you feed us, with your light now lead us; unite us as one in this life that we share. Then may all the living with praise and thanksgiving give honor to Christ and his name that we bear. ("Sent Forth by God's Blessing" - Text Omer Westendorf, 1916-1997, alt.)
---
Mark 10.32-52-For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.
2 Samuel 24-I have sinned greatly in what I have done. But now, O LORD, please take away the iniquity of Your servant, for I have acted very foolishly.
Hosea 4.1-10-Listen to the word of the LORD, O sons of Israel, for the LORD has a case against the inhabitants of the land, because there is no faithfulness or kindness or knowledge of God in the land.
Galatians 5.1, 13-15-It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery.
--- --- ---
Even though you have sinned, I still love you. I have work for you to do and send you out with the Spirit of My Love to serve that Love freely to others.
---
You came to serve.
I want to serve You.
You came to serve.
I want to earn Your Love.
You came to serve.
I can't earn Your Love.
You came to serve.
I have been given Your Love.
You came to serve.
I give You my life.
You came to serve.
I still sin.
You came to serve.
I act the fool.
You came to serve.
I am forgiven.
You came to serve.
I am unfaithful.
You came to serve.
I am unwise.
You came to serve.
I receive faith.
You came to serve.
I hear Your Wisdom.
You came to serve.
I gain knowledge in You.
You came to serve.
I am set free in You.
You came to serve.
I stand firm and free.
You came to serve.
I now will serve too.
---
Lord, I don't know why You decided to give Your life and serve me. But I give You all thanks and glory. I will serve You faithfully in Your Kingdom. Chosen, called, forgiven, freed and sent; I live for You. ---Amen

No comments: