Friday, June 08, 2007

June 8th Daily Word, Hymn and Psalm

You are holy, you are whole. You are always evermore than we ever understand. You are always at hand. Blessed are you coming near? Blessed are you coming here to your church in wine and bread, raised from soil, raised from dead? You are holy, you are wholeness, you are present. Let the cosmos praise you, Lord! Sing hosanna in the highest! Sing hosanna! Sing hosanna to our God! ("You Are Holy" – Text Per Harling, b. 1948)
---
Romans 13-But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh in regard to its lusts.
1 Samuel 25- Blessed be the LORD God of Israel, who sent you this day to meet me…
Psalm 68-O God, You are awesome from Your sanctuary.
1 Kings 17.17-24- O LORD my God, I pray to You, let this child’s life return to him.
Rejoice! I have come to you bringing Life eternal.
--- --- ---
You are holy, Lord God of the Universe.
I receive you day by day, deep into my heart.
Help me to grant no provision to the lusts of the flesh.
Forgive me when I fail, dear Lord.
---
You are holy, Lord God of the Universe.
You are all that I will ever need.
I need nothing else but you.
In the bread and wine I receive the wholeness of Life eternal.
---
You are holy, Lord God of the Universe.
Let Life return to this child of Yours.
Stretch over me and in me and give me Your Breath of Life.
O Lord my God, I pray to You.
---
You are holy, Lord God of the Universe.
You have been raised in flesh and raised from the dead.
In death You bring Life.
Come to me and stay with me today.
---
You are holy, Lord God of the Universe.
You are awesome in Your sanctuary.
Let the cosmos and all creation praise You Lord!
Sing hosanna to our God!
--- --- ---
Lord God of the Universe, hear my prayer this day. Forgive my sin and give me Your Breath of Life. Feed me with Your Body and Your Blood. Let me see you this day. Send me with Your Spirit into Your Kingdom so that I may follow and do Your will this day. You are Holy! You are God! Let the cosmos praise you, Lord! Blessed come here this day! --- Amen

No comments: