Thursday, June 14, 2007

June 14th Daily Word, Hymn and Psalm

The trumpets sound, the angels sing, the feast is ready to begin. The gates of heav'n are open wide, and Jesus welcomes you inside. Sing with thankfulness songs of pure delight. Come and revel in heaven's love and light. Take your place at the table of the King. The feast is ready to begin; the feast is ready to begin. ("The Trumpets Sound, the Angels Sing" - Text Graham Kendrick, b. 1950)
---
Mark 1.21-45-"If You are willing, You can make me clean." Moved with compassion, Jesus stretched out His hand and touched him, and said to him, "I am willing; be cleansed."
2 Samuel 3.2-39-"Now then, do it! For the LORD has spoken of David...
Daniel 2.1-23-Then Daniel went to his house and informed his friends, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah, about the matter, so that they might request compassion from the God of heaven concerning this mystery, so that Daniel and his friends would not be destroyed with the rest of the wise men of Babylon.
2 Samuel 11. 26; 12.10, 13-15-Then David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the LORD." And Nathan said to David, "The LORD also has taken away your sin; you shall not die."
--- --- ---
Come to My table, turn from your sins, repent and let Life begin.
---
Lord, I turn from my sin.
I ask you to make me clean.
Please have compassion and touch my life with Your forgiveness.
I hear Your voice in that I shall not die.
I deserve death, but You invite me to that Table of forgiveness.
For You it was a table of death.
For me it is a table of Life.
Life in You and for You.
I love this table.
I love this bread and body.
I love this wine and blood.
I love You Lord and all You do for me.
Thank You for this table.
Thank You for what You have done for me.
Thank You for the suffering and dying.
Thank You for saving me.
I celebrate my forgiveness with a grateful and serving heart.
Let the feast begin!
---
I turn to You Lord and repent. I ask You to forgive me. I deserve death. I turn to You Lord. You are my hope and salvation. Only You. Forgive me and grant me a new life. ---Amen

No comments: