Monday, June 04, 2007

June 4th- Daily Word, Hymn and Psalm

On you, at earth's creation, the light first had its birth; on you, for our salvation, Christ rose from depths of earth; on you, our Lord victorious, the Spirit sent from heav'n; and thus on you, most glorious, a three-fold light was giv'n. ("O Day of Rest and Gladness: - Text : Christopher Wordsworth, 1807-1885, alt.)
---
Romans 9.30-10.21-For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
1 Samuel 19-Saul tried to pin David to the wall with the spear, but he slipped away out of Saul's presence, so that he struck the spear into the wall.
Psalm 64-But God will shoot at them with an arrow; suddenly they will be wounded.
Proverbs 7.1-4-Bind them on your fingers; write them on the tablet of your heart.
--- --- ---
Even though sin attacks you as a spear to pin you to the wall; I am that arrow of Love, coming to you to save you straight to your heart.
---
Sin and Temptation hound me Lord.
Day after day I feel pinned to the wall.
Help me and save me.
-
I look to Your Law.
I see Your Word.
You have saved me with the arrow of Love.
-
Etched Your Love into my heart.
And given that Three-fold Light.
Thank You Lord!
---
Lord, You alone are God. The one who saves me when I sin. The one who shows me Light. The one who etches the Law on my heart and shows me my sin. The one who etches Your Love in it's place and shows me Life. You alone are God. Send me with the gifts of Your Spirit this day. ---Amen

No comments: