Saturday, June 02, 2007

June 2nd - Daily Word, Hymns and Psalms

June 2nd - Daily Word, Hymns and Psalms
Maker of all things, all thy creatures praise thee; all for thy worship were and are created; now, as we also worship thee devoutly, hear thou our voices. ("Father Most Holy" - Text: Latin hymn, 10th cent.; tr. Percy Dearmer, 1867-1936, alt.)
---
Romans 8-for I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us form the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
1 Samuel 17.1-54-You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of the LORD of hosts...
Psalm 62-My soul waits in silence for God only; from Him is my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I shall not be greatly shaken.
Romans 5.1-5-...the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
--- --- ---
I have saved you from the giants of sin and death. Feel the power of My Spirit poured into your heart and worship and praise Me alone.
---
I cry out to you from the silence.
I cry out to you in the midst of the storm.
I cry out to you in the battle.
I cry out to you when I feel alone.
-
I need you in the silence.
I need you in the storm.
I need you in the battle.
I need you when I'm alone.
-
You come to me in the silence.
You come to me in the storm.
You stand by me in the battle.
You comfort me when I'm alone.
-
While I wait for You in the silence,
I begin to hear the whisper of Your voice.
I feel Your presence within me.
I know of the Love Your pour into my heart.
-
When the storm is at it's height,
You protect me with the Rock.
In the midst of the storm You are there,
And I cling to Your salvation.
-
As I fear in the midst of battle,
Of the foes that I encounter,
You give me the power of Your salvation,
And win the battle for me.
-
In my loneliness of heart,
I witness Your creation.
I see Your awesome universe,
And worship You alone.
---
Lord, I give you thanks and praise and all my worship that You come to me in the silence, that You protect me in the storm, that You won the battle for me, that You comfort me when lonely. Use me this day as Your instrument to help those in this world, that need to see Your touch of Love through me. ---Amen

No comments: