Saturday, June 09, 2007

June 9th Daily Word, Hymn and Psalm

Here are symbols to remind us of our lifelong need of grace; here are table, font, and pulpit; here the cross has central place. Here in honesty of preaching, her in silence, as in speech, here, in newness and renewal, God the Spirit comes to each. ("God Is Here!" - Text: Fred Pratt Green, 1903, 2000)
---
Romans 14-For not one of us lives for himself, and not one dies for himself; for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord; therefore whether we live or die, we are the Lord's. for to this end Christ died and lived again, that He might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.
1 Samuel 26-The LORD forbid that I should stretch out my hand against the LORD'S anointed; but now please take the spear that is at his head and the jug of water, and let us go. So David took the spear and the jug of water from beside Saul's head, and they went away, but no one saw or knew it, nor did any awake, for they were all asleep, because sound sleep from the LORD had fallen on them.
Psalm 69-...you who seek God, let your heart revive.
Galatians 1.11-24-For I would have you know, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.
--- --- ---
Your place to worship Me is always present, with you and in you.
---
Lord, how I need Your Grace each and every day.
I live for You and in You.
I turn to You in my sin.
I am humbled by Your presence.
Yet, here in this place you come to me.
-
Lord, how I need Your Grace each and every day.
Grace to lead and guide my actions in temptation.
Grace to show me acts of love in place of acts of revenge.
Show me how I should act in this world.
Yet, here in this place you come to me.
-
Lord, how I need Your Grace each and every day.
Grace to show me how to live and die for You.
I am eternally thankful because You lived and died for me.
Joy in hearing my calling to be Your child.
Yet, here in this place you come to me.
-
Lord, how I need Your Grace each and every day.
I seek You each and every moment.
You revive my heart and fill me with Love.
You send me filled with Your Love to love my neighbor.
Yet, here in this place you come to me.
-
Lord, how I need Your Grace each and every day.
Grace that is revealed to me in the Bread and the Wine.
Grace that is shown in Your Word.
Grace present with me and in me.
Yet, here in this place you come to me.
---
Lord, Your Spirit is given to me, without a doubt in places of worship. In the Bread and Wine. In the Word spoken. In the silence of meditation and in prayer. Your Grace descends to earth to save each of us and all of us. Your Grace comes in corporate worship and in the midst of my heart. Your Grace and Spirit are wonderful gifts to me and to all. Thank You, Lord that I can stop and worship You together in special assemblies with friends and neighbors or even stop and worship You at any place and any time in my heart. Your temple is wonderful and beautiful. To You is all glory, honor and praise. ---Amen

No comments: