Tuesday, June 05, 2007

June 5th Daily Word, Hymn and Psalm

As we gather at your table, as we listen to your word, help us know, O God, your presence; let our hearts and minds be stirred. Nourish us with sacred story till we claim it as our own; teach us through this holy banquet how to make Love's vict'ry known. ("As We Gather at Your Table" - Text: Carl P. Daw Jr., b. 1944)
---
Romans 11.1-24-If the first piece of dough is holy, the lump is also; and if the root is holy, the branches are too.
1 Samuel 20-But truly as the LORD lives and as your soul lives, there is hardly a step between me and death.
Psalm 65-They shout for joy, yes, they sing.
Proverbs 8.4-21-Take my instruction and not silver, and knowledge rather than choicest gold.
--- --- ---
Come to My Table of Life and take that step from death to Life in Me.
---
You are inviting me to come to Your table.
You are inviting me to be fed by You.
You are inviting me to live in Your presence.
You are inviting me to tell of Your Grace.
-
Lord, I come to the table expecting nothing.
Lord, I leave the table filled with everything.
Lord, You fill me with Your Love.
Lord, You have taught me Your Love.
-
Christ is that one Holy Bread.
Christ is all the food I need.
Christ is that Love lived through You.
Christ is the root, the holy dough and the step.
-
You show me that step from death to Life.
You fill me with faith to take that step.
You receive me into Yourself as I step out.
You change me from death to Life.
-
I go now in service to You.
I go now in Your gracious Love.
I go now to live the story.
I go now to sing of Your Love.
---
Lord, I give You thanks and praise that You have graciously fed me with that lump of dough that makes it all holy. You have given me Jesus. I sing in joy and thanksgiving to the world the story You create in me. I take that step and receive Life from death in Jesus. You alone are my God and Savior. ---Amen

No comments: