Tuesday, July 10, 2007

July 10th Daily Word, Hymn and Psalm

Lord, I my vows to thee renew. Disperse my sins as morning dew; guard my first springs of thought and will; and with thyself my spirit fill. ("Awake, My Soul, and with the Sun" - Text: Thomas Ken, 1637-1711, alt.)
---
Mark 15.21-47-In the same way the chief priests also, along with the scribes, were mocking Him among themselves and saying, "He saved others; He cannot save Himself."
1 Kings 11-Then the LORD raised up an adversary to Solomon...
Hosea 13-Yet I have been the LORD your god since the land of Egypt; and you were not to know any god except Me, for there is no savior besides Me.
Jeremiah 8.4-13-...everyone is greedy for gain...
--- --- ---
You are forgiven. Now put aside sin and focus on My purpose in the Kingdom.
---
I come to You in the morning asking to be forgiven.
You dry my sin like the morning dew.
My sin evaporates and the springs of life-giving water are refreshed.
You come to me and save me.
You are my Savior.
My greed for gain dissipates.
My selfish mockery of You vanishes in foolishness.
You defeat my adversary.
I see Your glory.
I praise Your name.
I give You thanks and praise.
You send me into Your Kingdom with Your Purpose.
You are my Savior.
---
Each morning, Lord, You come to me. I come to You full of sin and confess my greed, pride and sinfulness. You forgive out of the Love You have. You teach me Your Word and You send me. I give You eternal thanks and praise. Yes Lord! I will go for You! Use me today! ---Amen

No comments: