Sunday, July 29, 2007

July 29th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Now let us be united, and let our song be heard. Now let us be a vessel for God's redeeming Word. We all are one in mission; we all are one in call, our varied gifts united by Christ, the Lord of all. ("We All Are One in Mission" - Text: Rusty Edwards, b. 1955)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
1 Corinthians 14.26-40-When you assemble, each one has a psalm, has a teaching, has a revelation, has a tongue, has an interpretation.
2 Kings 9-Now Elisha the prophet called one of the sons of the prophets and said to him, "Gird up your loins..."
Jonah 4-The LORD said, "Do you have good reason to be angry?"
Luke 11.1-13-So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I have given you more than you need. I abundantly bless you. Stop complaining and gird up your loins for My mission.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I sure know how to moan and groan about life!
I can complain about almost anything.
And I complain to You all the time!
I don't know why You put up with me.
I don't know why You listen.
But You do.

You make me aware of all the blessings I have been given.
You make me aware of all You provide.
You change my attitude with life experiences and stories.
You help me learn and grow and hear Your voice.
Do I have a reason to be angry?
Not at all!

It's time I tuck my shirt in and get on with the business of Your mission.
Follow Your call to care and love others.
Do and show the Love You have shown me in service to others.
Be a servant in Your Kingdom.
It's time I quit belly-aching and get on with it.
You are God and I love You!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord; I know I get carried away with myself sometimes and forget the needs of others. Forgive me. Show me how to Love like You would have me Love. Show me how to serve like You would have me serve. I'm ready for some work now. I'm sorry for my selfishness. I have girded my loins and I'm ready. Send me. ---Amen

No comments: