Monday, July 23, 2007

July 23rd Daily Word, Hymn and Psalm

Comfort every sufferer watching late in pain; those who plan some evil, from their sin restrain. ("Now the Day Is Over" - Text: Sabine Baring-Gould, 1834-1924, alt.)
---
1 Corinthians 10-Sine there is one bread, we who are many are one body; for we all partake of the one bread.
2 Kings 3-The word of the LORD is with him.
Amos 8-Hear this, you who trample the needy, to do away with the humble of the land...
John 20.1-2, 11-18-And they said to her, "Woman why are you weeping?" She said to them, "Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid Him." When she had said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, and did not know that it was Jesus.
--- --- ---
In the sea of tears; I am with you.
---
I'm in tears Lord and need Your presence.
I need Your presence in the one bread we all share.
I need Your presence in the face of the stranger.
I need Your presence through the tears of pain.

Strike those who trample the needy in their tears.
Strike those who cheat the poor in their tears.
Strike those who take advantage of the hungry.
Strike the enemy with tears.

Strike him that he may realize Your presence through the tears and change.
Through my tears, bring Your Word near.
Through my tears, open my eyes to You in Your resurrection.
You came through the tears of sin and death to life eternal.

Help me to see Your presence through my tears.
Bring me from the pain of sin and death to life in You.
---
Lord, through my tears, I see and know of Your presence. Thank You eternally. ---Amen

No comments: