Monday, July 09, 2007

July 9th Daily Word, Hymn and Psalm

Morning has broken like the first morning; blackbird has spoken like the first bird. Praise for the singing! Praise for the morning! Praise for the springing fresh from the Word! ("Morning Has Broken" - Text Eleanor Farjeon, 1881-1965)
---
Mark 15.1-20-Answering again, Pilate said to them, "Then what shall I do with Him whom you call the King of the Jews?" They shouted back, "Crucify Him!"
1 Kings 10-Now when the queen of Sheba heard about the fame of Solomon concerning the name of the LORD, she came to test him with difficult questions.
Hosea 11.12-12.14-But by a prophet the LORD brought Israel from Egypt, and by a prophet he was kept.
Jeremiah 6.10-19-"Hear, O earth: behold, I am bringing disaster on this people, the fruit of their plans, because they have not listened to My words, and as for My law, they have rejected it also.
--- --- ---
I create in the morning. Even in My death, I create Life for you in the morning. Now live a New Day.
---
In the morning, Lord, we sent You to death.
In the morning, Lord, You created Life and Love.
In the morning, Lord, You gave breath to all people.
In the morning, Lord, You came to us to save us.

In the morning, Lord we sent You to death.
In the morning, Lord, we awed ourselves with our own wealth.
In the morning, Lord, we were proud of our own wisdom.
In the morning, Lord, we tested You.

In the morning, Lord, we sent You to death.
In the morning, Lord, we failed see Your Word.
In the morning, Lord, we turn to You and repent.
In the morning, Lord, we seek forgiveness.

In the morning, Lord, we sent You to death.
In the morning, Lord, You rose from the grave.
In the morning, Lord, You gave us Life from death.
In the morning, Lord, You send us with Your Word.

In the morning, Lord, I saw Life in You.
In the morning, Lord, I was saved by You.
In the morning, Lord, I rejoice and praise Your Name.
In the morning, Lord, I give my life to You.

In the morning, Lord, yes, in the morning.
Thanks be to God!
---
Lord, forgive my evil desires to crucify You. Forgive my selfishness, my greed, and my arrogance. Give me Life from death. Send me with Your Spirit and Word to work in Your Kingdom. ---Amen

No comments: