Friday, July 20, 2007

July 20th Daily Word, Hymn and Psalm

A healthy life we ask of you, the fire of love in us renew, and when the dawn new light will bring, your praise and glory we shall sing. ("To You, before the Close of Day" - Text: Compline office hymn, c. 6th cent.;tr. John Mason Neale, 1818-1855, alt.)
---
1 Corinthians 7.25-40-But I want you to be free from concern.
1 Kings 21-Then the word of the LORD came to Elijah the Tishbite...
Amos 5-For thus says the LORD to the house of Israel, "Seek Me that you may live."
Psalm 15-He who does these things will never be shaken.
--- --- ---
May My fire of Love burn deep inside of you.
---
Fire of Love, burn deep in me.
Fire of Love, free me from concern.
Fire of Love, send Your Word.
Fire of Love, let me find You.
Fire of Love, save me.
Fire of Love, keep me secure in You.
Fire of Love, be my guide.
Fire of Love, be my story.
Fire of Love, burn deep in me.
---
Lord, You are my Fire of Love. Teach me and send me in Your word and with Your fire and passion of Love for you and my neighbor. ---Amen

No comments: