Friday, July 27, 2007

July 27th Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day

"I, the Lord of snow and rain, I have borne my people's pain. I have wept for love of them, they turn away. I will break their hearts of stone, give them hearts for love alone. I will speak my word to them. Whom shall I send?" Here I am, Lord. Is it I, Lord? I have heard you calling in the night. I will go. Lord, if you lead me. I will hold your people in my heart. ("Here I Am, Lord" - Text: Daniel L. Schutte, b. 1946)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day

1 Corinthians 13-If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
2 Kings 7.3-20-Now behold, if the LORD should make windows in heaven, could such a thing be?
Jonah 2-I called out of my distress to the LORD, and He answered me.
Psalm 138-On the day I called, You answered me; You make me bold with strength in my soul.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day

I have called you by name. Listen to Me. Go and serve in My Love, now and always.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day

I hear Your call, in the night, in the day, at any time.
I listen to Your Word and seek to understand what I am to do.
You teach me Your ways and Your Love.
You demonstrate Love to me, with me.
You live my call for me so that I know what to do.
You open the windows of heaven and pour down Your Love in Christ and in baptismal waters.
How great You are oh Lord.
When I cry in distress; You answer.
You build my strength and renew me.
You create me anew and send me.
Called by name.
I go.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day

Yes, I hear You today Lord. I hear You calling my name. I can't believe that You call me. But You do. I cry out in pain and tears to You and You answer. You build me up. You restore me. You continue to call my name. I love You Father. I love You Jesus. I love You Holy Spirit. I love You God. I will go. I will go in Your name. ---Amen

No comments: