Thursday, July 19, 2007

July 19th Daily Word, Hymn and Psalm

One day the Rabbi, Lord Jesus, called the twelve to share his last meal. As the hen tends her young, so for them he spent himself to seek and to heal. Oh! what joy to be with Christ Jesus, hear his voice, oh! sheer delight, and receive his servant care: all before the coming night. ("When Twilight Comes" - Text Moises B. Andrade, b. 1948; tr. James Minchin, b. 1942)
---
1 Corinthians 7.1-24-You were bought with a price; do not become slaves of men.
1 Kings 20-...Thus says the LORD...
Amos 4.4-13-Prepare to meet your God...
Genesis 18.1-10a-My lord, if I have found favor in your sight, please do not pass your servant by.
--- --- ---
I have gathered you. I have fed you. I have cared for you. I have given My life for you. Now go to gather, care, feed, love and give life in My name to your neighbor.
---
You gather us in like a hen caring and loving.
You gather us in and feed all.
You gather us in and give Your life.
You gather us in and teach us.
You gather us in and pay the price for each.
You gather us in and speak Your Truth.
You gather us in and meet with each.
You gather us in and meet with all.
You gather us in and show favor.
You gather us in and send us in love.
You gather us in...
---
Lord, You have gathered Your people together. You love, nourish, and care for all and each. I give You thanks for Your Word. I go in peace to serve You free from sin and joyous in Your name. ---Amen

No comments: