Tuesday, July 17, 2007

July 17th Daily Word, Hymn and Psalm

And when morn again shall call us to run life's way, may we still whatever befall us, your will obey. From the power of evil hide us, in the narrow pathway guide us, never be your smile denied us all through the day. ("God, Who Made the Earth and Heaven" - Text: Reginald Hever, 1783-1826, st. 1, alt; William Mercer, 1811-1873, sts. 2,4, alt.; Richard Whately, 1787-1863, st. 3,alt.)
---
1 Corinthians 5-Clean out the old leaven so that you may be a new lump, just as you are in fact unleavened. For Christ our Passover also has been sacrificed.
1 Kings 18-Elijah came near to all the people and said, "How long will you hesitate between two opinions? If the LORD is God, follow Him..."
Amos 2.1-3.2-It was I who brought you up from the land of Egypt, and I led you in the wilderness forty years that you might take possession of the land of the Amorite.
1 John 3.11-17-We know love by this, that He laid down His life for us; and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
--- --- ---
I gave My Life for your sin. Now choose. Life in Me or life in sin.
---
Now choose!
I see Your Life given to me.
I'm awed by the Life You gave to me.
I'm amazed at the Sacrifice You paid for my sin.
You give me Life and Love.
You fill my altar with water overflowing.
You dedicate Life to me.
You show an act of Love that can never be outdone.
In this act; I know love.
You lay down Your Life for me.
Forgive my sin, I pray.
Remove the leaven of sin from my life.
Lead me in the wilderness.
Lead me in Your Kingdom.
I choose Life in You.
I choose You.
You chose me.
Thanks be to God!
I go in Your Love to love my neighbor.
---
Lord, thanks for Your Life, freely given, for my sin. Now take my life and use it to do Your will; today and always. ---Amen

No comments: