Thursday, July 26, 2007

July 26th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day

For you alone, O God of might, have done amazing things for me. Your mercy flows; your name like light remains in time perpetually. ("My Soul Now Magnifies the Lord" - Text: Stephanie K. Frey, b. 1952, alt. based on the Magnificat)
---

Readings of the Day

1 Corinthians 12-But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.
2 Kings 6.1-7.2-So he answered, "Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them." Then Elisha prayed and said, "O LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see." And the LORD opened the servant's eyes and he saw; and behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.
Jonah 1-So they picked up Jonah, threw him into the sea, and the sea stopped its raging...And the LORD appointed a great fish to swallow Jonah, and Jonah was in the stomach of the fish three days and three nights.
Genesis 18.20-32-And Abraham replied, "Now behold, I have ventured to speak to the Lord, although I am but dust and ashes."
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day

I have gifted you. I have guarded you with My angels of protection. I have called you to My mission. Be bold to speak with Me and do as I direct.
---

Psalm of the Day

You give me all I need.
You give me everything.
You equip me with gifts of the Spirit to do Your work.
You call me to Your mission.
You send me and protect me with visible and invisible powers.
You give me all I need.

I run from You.
I run and hide, believing that I can't do this thing You ask.
I run and hide, thinking that this is too much.
You seek me out.
I am tossed into Your baptismal waters full of sin.
I run from You.

You come to me.
You drown me in my sin and then you bring me to life in You.
I am swallowed by Your Fish of Life.
I am restored and redirected to Your mission.
I go where You direct.
You come to me.

We talk together.
You are my Lord and Savior.
I love to do Your will and mission.
You renew my strength.
You protect me in Your loving arms.
We talk together.

You live in me.
I now know of Your presence even in the tears.
I now know of Your presence in joy and happiness.
I now know of our work together creating the new heaven and earth.
I live in You.
You live in me.
---

Prayer of the Day

Lord, You are so awesome. When I run in my sin away from You, You come and get me and baptize me and set me back on the path You wish for me. You give me Your gifts for ministry, You send me, You protect me with angels and chariots of fire and enable me to go Your ways. Send me today, protected, loved and gifted to do Your will and mission. I love You! ---Amen

No comments: