Wednesday, July 04, 2007

July 4th Daily Word, Hymn and Psalm

Then let us go to serve in peace, the gospel to proclaim. God's Spirit has empowered us; we go in Jesus' name. ("The Spirit Sends Us Forth to Serve" - Text Delores Dufner, OSB, b. 1939)
---
Mark 12.28-44-And the large crowd enjoyed listening to Him.
1 Kings 4-5-"Behold, I intend to build a house for the name of the LORD my God..."
Hosea 7.3-16-For their hearts are like an oven as they approach their plotting; their anger smolders all night, in the morning it burns like a flaming fire.
Jeremiah 23.16-22-...they speak a vision of their own imagination, not from the mouth of the LORD.
--- --- ---
Test the message. Listen for My Love shown through Christ.
---
I am filled with the Spirit and empowered to go.
Empowered to go in Jesus' name.
I go with Your Message as shown through the Love of Jesus.

Jesus delivered Your Word and people enjoyed hearing it.
He taught Your Way to Truth and Life.
Jesus was obedient to Your Will and Your Message.

Send me with Your Message in the temple of my heart.
Build that temple in Love and Joy.
May I be obedient to the Message You give.

Help me turn from my evil plotting.
Keep me from the temptations of my sin.
Deliver me from my evil selfishness.

Teach me to discern Your Word from false word.
Show me the Love in Jesus.
Send me with confidence to live Your Love.
---
Lord, I need Your teaching. I need to carefully listen to the noise I hear and discern the clarity of Jesus in the Word delivered. Show me Your way. Teach me Your way. Send me daily in Your way that I may do Your will and live in Your Kingdom. Joyfully I go today for You. ---Amen

No comments: