Sunday, July 22, 2007

July 22nd Daily Word, Hymn and Psalm

We thank you that your church, unsleeping while earth rolls onward into light, through all the world its watch is keeping, and never rests by day or night. ("The Day You Gave Us, Lord, Has Ended" - Text :John Ellerton, 1826-1893; alt.)
---
1 Corinthians 9-For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for I am under compulsion...
2 Kings 1-2-Elijah took his mantle and folded it together and struck the waters, and they were divided here and there, so that the two of them crossed over on dry ground.
Amos 7-Behold I am about to put a plumb line in the midst of My people Israel.
Luke 10.38-42-...you are worried and bothered about so may things; but only one thing is necessary...
--- --- ---
I am Your boast.
---
I boast of You Lord.
You lead me and cover me with Your mantle.
You clear the path for me.
When the road is rough; You are there to guide.
When I wander away; You straighten the course.
I worry about so many things.
But You Lord are all that is necessary.
Show me.
Teach me.
Love me.
---
Sometimes the path is tough for me to maintain. But You always stay with me. Sometimes the pain seems too much. But You cry for me. Sometimes I think I can't do this. But You show me how. Stay with me always. ---Amen

No comments: