Tuesday, July 24, 2007

July 24th Daily Word, Hymn and Psalm

Hymn of the Day-To you our morning song of praise, to you our evening prayer we raise; to you in awe we bend the knee from age to age, eternally. ("O Trinity, O Blessed Light" - Text:attr. Ambrose of Milan, 340-397; tr. composite)
---
Readings of the Day
1 Corinthians 11.1-16-Be imitators of me, just as I also am of Christ.
2 Kings 4-One day he came there and turned in to the upper chamber and rested.
Amos 9-"Behold, days are coming," declares the LORD, "When the plowman will overtake the reaper and the treader of grapes him who sows seed; when the mountains will drip sweet wine and ll the hills will be dissolved."
Psalm 119.97-104-How sweet are Your words to my taste!
--- --- ---
God's Word-See My face in the neighbor.
---
Psalm of the Day
You teach me to look for the face of Jesus in my neighbor.
You teach me to see You through the tears.
You teach me to feel Your presence in the waters from the seas above.
You teach me that Your seas of presence have come down and are here now.
You teach me that we will create a new heaven and earth together.
You teach me Love.

I saw Your face.
I saw Your face in my daughter's tears and words-"But I didn't do anything."
I saw the face of Jesus on a cross in tears calling to the Father.
I saw Your face and felt Your pain through my daughter's cry.
I saw Your face and witnessed Your compassion.
I touched the seas from above in the tears of my daughter's face
I saw Your Love come down in the pain.

I saw Your face.
I saw Your face in the nurse at Christ Hospital with a son suffering mental illness.
I saw Your compassion and Love in her face.
I saw Your face when she comforted me with reassurance.
I saw Your face and witnessed Your compassion.
I saw a new creation being formed.
I saw Your Love come down to begin building a new heaven and earth.

Lord, You are present here and now.
You face is all around.
In the pain, in the tears; You descend and we begin creating a new heaven and earth.
In the tears from above the earth, You come down to touch our faces with Your Love.
Lord, You are present here and now. Not doing anything but doing everything.
In Your Love and Tears from above on that cross, You did it all.
I saw Your face and touched Your tears on the face of my daughter.

"But I didn't do anything."
But You did everything out of Love.
---
Prayer of the Day
Lord Jesus, thank You for Your presence. In the tears, in the joy, in the laughter, in the struggle; You come down from above. You are not a God that is far off. You are here and near. You struggle in the pain with us and love us. Thank You for Your presence. ---Amen

No comments: