Wednesday, July 18, 2007

July 18th Daily Word, Hymn and Psalm

Forgive me, Lord, for thy dear Son, the ill that I this day have done; that with the world, myself, and thee, I, ere I sleep, at peace may be. ("All Praise to Thee, My God, This Night" - Text: Thomas Ken, 1637-1711, alt.)
---
1 Corinthians 6-For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.
1 Kings 19-So he returned from following him, and took the pair of oxen and sacrificed them and boiled their flesh with the implements of the oxen, and gave it to the people and they ate. Then he arose and followed Elijah and ministered to him.
Amos 3.3-4.3-For on the day that I punish Israel's transgressions, I will also punish the altars of Bethel; the horns of the altar will be cut off and they will fall to the ground.
Matthew 25.31-46-Then the righteous will answer Him, "Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?"
--- --- ---
I forgave you, I chose you. Cling no longer to false gods. Cling to Me. For I send you today to love and care for the hungry, the thirsty, the stranger, the naked, the sick and the imprisoned. Now go!
---
Forgive me Lord.
When I run to the altar of false gods and cling to the horns of that altar...
Forgive me Lord.

Choose me Lord.
Call me in Your way.
Choose me Lord.

Use me Lord.
Use me to show the love and compassion You have shown me.
Use me Lord.
---
Lord, You make it seem so simple. You forgive; You choose; You send. But I tend to complicate it all with my sin. I run to the altar of false gods for protection and cling to the horns of that altar like I will be saved by it. But, in this I sin. You show me Your greatness and point me to my foolishness. Forgive me Lord. Choose me and send me in this world to show the love and compassion You have shown me. Let me point others to You. ---Amen

No comments: