Saturday, July 28, 2007

July 28th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day


Unite us, anoint us, O Spirit of love, for you are within us, around us, above. Equip us for service with gifts you bestow. In Christ is our calling. In Christ we grow. ("In Christ Called to Baptize" - Text: Ruth Duck, b. 1947)
--- --- ---


Readings of the Day


1 Corinthians 14.1-25-Pursue love, yet desire earnestly spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy.
2 Kings 8-Now Elisha spoke to the woman whose son he had restored to life, saying, "Arise and go with your household..."
Jonah 3-Now the word of the LORD came to Jonah the second time...
Colossians 2.6-19-Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day

I am your salvation. Listen and obey My Word. god in peace and love to fulfill My mission through your life.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day

I have heard You calling Lord.
I hear Your call and listen to Your instruction.
I go in Your name, in Your love, in Your peace.
Filled with Your Spirit and nourished with Your Body and Blood.
I go.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day

Lord of second chances. I hear Your call. I know that even though I have sinned, I still can't re-earn Your favor. I repent and You graciously forgive. I go for You, a sinful, forgiven child. I hear Your loving call and go. Thanks be to God! ---Amen



No comments: