Saturday, July 21, 2007

July 21st Daily Word, Hymn and Psalm

Lord Jesus, since you love me, now spread your wings above me and shield me from alarm. Though evil would assail me, your mercy will not fail me, I rest in your protecting arm. ("Now Rest beneath Night's Shadow" - Text: Paul Gerhardt, 1607-1676; tr. composite)
---
1 Corinthians 8-...but if anyone loves God, he is known by Him.
1 Kings 22-I saw the LORD sitting on His throne and all the host of heaven standing by Him on His right and on His left.
Amos 6-Woe to those who are at ease in Zion and to those who feel secure in the mountain of Samaria...
Colossians 1.15-28-He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
--- --- ---
I will protect you.
---
You protect me with the shield of Your wings.
You give me rest when weary.
I love You Lord.
I can see heaven through the gracious favor You give.
I can see heaven through tears with Your presence.
Keep me ever in Your wings.
Let me feel secure in You.
Forgive me when I am at ease with my own strength.
You, Lord Jesus are the firstborn and image of God.
---
Lord, keep me in Your care. When I think I can do it all by myself, forgive me. Return me to Your favor and bless me with Your security. ---Amen

No comments: