Saturday, July 14, 2007

July 14th Daily Word, Hymn and Psalm

You who made the heaven's splendor, every dancing star of night, make us shine with gentle justice, let us each reflect you light. Mighty God of all creation, gentle Christ who lights our way, loving Spirit of salvation, lead us on to endless day. ("Joyous Light of Heavenly Glory" - Text Greek hymn, 3rd cent., para. Mary Haugen, b. 1950)
---
1 Corinthians 2-For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified.
1 Kings 15.1-32-Asa did what was right in the sight of the LORD, like Davide his father.
Joel 2.12-32-Now return to the LORD your God, for He is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger, abounding in lovingkindness and relenting in evil.
Colossians 1.1-14-...we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding...
--- --- ---
Do what is right in My sight and let My Spirit lead you.
---
Lord, Creator of the Universe, You are my God.
Lord, Creator of the Universe, show me Your Son.
Lord, Creator of the Universe, I give you thanks.
Lord, Creator of the Universe, I see Jesus crucified.
Lord, Creator of the Universe, I see Jesus risen.
Lord, Creator of the Universe, lead me in doing right.
Lord, Creator of the Universe, I ask for compassion.
Lord, Creator of the Universe, give me compassion.
Lord, Creator of the Universe, be slow to anger.
Lord, Creator of the Universe, help me be slow to anger.
Lord, Creator of the Universe, be gracious to me.
Lord, Creator of the Universe, help me be gracious to others.
Lord, Creator of the Universe. abounding in love.
Lord, Creator of the Universe, teach me to love my neighbor.
Lord, Creator of the Universe, I pray to You.
Lord, Creator of the Universe, I pray for others.
Lord, Creator of the Universe, fill me with Your knowledge.
Lord, Creator of the Universe, fill me with Your understanding.
Lord, Creator of the Universe, fill me with Your wisdom.
Lord, Creator of the Universe, fill me with Your Spirit.
Lord, Creator of the Universe, send me today.
---
Lord, You alone are the Creator of the Universe. You have created me and all that exists. Teach me Your ways and send me in Your love to those I meet today. I will show love, compassion, and understanding to those You choose to put in my path. I pray without ceasing. ---Amen

No comments: