Monday, July 16, 2007

July 16th Daily Word, Hymn and Psalm

In all life's brilliant timeless moments, let faithful voices sing your praise, O Son of God, our life bestower, whose glory lightens endless days. ("O Light Whose Splendor Thrills" - Text: Greek hymn, 3rd cent.; para. Carl P. Daw Jr.,b. 1944)

---

1 Corinthians 4-Let a man regard us in this manner, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God.

1 Kings 17-Elijah took the child and brought him down from the upper room into the house and gave him to his mother; and Elijah said, "See, you son is alive."

Amos 1-..."The LORD roars from Zion..."

James 2.1-7-Listen, my beloved brethren: did not God choose the poor of the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?

--- --- ---

Use the Life I have given to you from that "Upper room."
---
In that "Upper room" You gave me Life, Lord.
You gave me a life I didn't deserve.
In that "Upper room" You revealed Your mystery, Lord.
You gave me Love I didn't deserve.

In that "Upper room" was one on Life's timeless moments.
You gave Love.
In that "Upper room" I see Your endless glory.
You spent Yourself for all of us.

In that "Upper room" I hear the roar of the Lion of David.
You are our King!
In that "Upper room" we received Your body and blood.
You are our Lamb.

In that "Upper room" you choose Your followers.
We are Your servants.
In that "Upper room" you send us in Your will.
We go in service to You.

In that "Upper room"
There is Love.
---
Lord, some amazing and some frightening things occurred in that "Upper room" ---I give You thanks for it all. Send me today in Your will and Your way. ---Amen

No comments: