Wednesday, July 25, 2007

July 25th Daily Word, Hymn and Psalm

Hymn of the Day
Now it is evening: lights of the city bid us remember Christ is our light. Many are lonely, who will be neighbor? Where there is caring, Christ is our light. ("Now It Is Evening" - Text:Fred Pratt Green, 1903-2000)
---
Readings of the Day
1 Corinthians 11.17-34-This is My body which is for you...
2 Kings 5-Go and wash in the Jordan seven times...
Obadiah-...and the kingdom will be the LORD's
Mark 10.35-45-...but whoever wishes to become great among you shall be your servant...
--- --- ---
God's Word of the Day
See Me in the neighbor. Be Me as a neighbor for someone else.
---
Psalm of the Day
The lights of the city are all around me.
Your Light is forever in me.
I will look for Your Light shining through my neighbor today.
I will display Your Light shining through me to my neighbor.
You gave Your body in Love to save us.
You wash me clean from my sin daily through my baptism.
The Kingdom is Yours.
I look to build the Kingdom according to Your plan.
Use me as Your servant today.
Let Your Light shine bright through all earth and heaven.
---
Prayer of the Day
Lord, Your Light shines all around. It shines in the day and in the night. It shines, and is reflected throughout all heaven and earth. Use me this day as Your servant to reflect Your Light into this world. ---Amen

No comments: