Saturday, July 07, 2007

July 7th Daily Word, Hymn and Psalm

Lord, your hands have formed this world, every part is shaped by you-- water tumbling over rocks, air, and sunlight: each day's signs that you make all things new. ("Lord, Your Hands Have Formed" - Text Ramon and Sario Oliano; para. James Minchin, b. 1942; tr. Delbert Rice)
---
Mark 14.1-31-"And he himself will show you a large upper room furnished and ready; prepare for us there." The disciples went out and came to the city, and found it just as He had told them; and they prepared the Passover.
1 Kings 8-"Now the LORD has fulfilled His word which He spoke; for I have risen in place of my father David and sit on the throne of Israel, as the LORD promised, and have built the house for the name of the LORD, the God of Israel. There I have set a place for the ark, in which is the covenant of the LORD, which He made with our fathers when He brought them from the land of Egypt."
Hosea 9.17-10.15-Sow with a view to righteousness, reap in accordance with kindness; break up your fallow ground, for it is time to seek the LORD until He comes to rain righteousness on you.
Galatians 6.1-16-But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world had been crucified to me, and I to the world.
--- --- ---
Prepare yourself for My Presence, I am creating and re-creating you every day of your life eternal.
---
Lord, You are Almighty and All-Powerful.
I look to the hills and see Your glory in the rocks and trees.
I look to the skies and wonder at eternity.
I look at the waves of the sea and witness Your Power.
I look to the sands and am awed by Your detail.
I look to the earth and see creation from dust.

Lord, You create all Life.
You have given breath and life to me.
You have loved me in death.
You have sent me to find that "Upper Room" of Love.
You prepare for me and come to me.
So I prepare for You and run to You.

I prepare to take the Bread and Wine.
You freely give Your Body and Blood.
You create Life from Death.
You grant forgiveness and bring growth.
You are my Creator and Lover.
You are my Savior.

You fulfill Your Word.
I am blessed and seated in honor because of You.
I prepare the Temple of my heart for Your presence.
You choose to dwell in that temple and fill me with grace.
You choose to come to me and love me.
You provide Your Law and Covenant for me.

Lord, I know You create.
But why do You choose me?
Why do You love me?
Why do You use me?
Why do You seek me?
I rejoice and am eternally blessed through You.

You create, and help me to prepare.
Prepare growth in righteousness.
Prepare growth in kindness and love.
Prepare the ground of my heart that You may shower Your rain of Love.
Bring me the creative growth You have chosen for me.

Lord, You are my creator.
I can only boast in You.
You are my Creator and Redeemer.
I boast only in the cross.
That cross that saves.
Lord, You are my creator.

I prepare myself for Your creative Presence in my life.
---
Create in me a clean heart of Lord. I rejoice in Your redeeming Grace and grow in Your Love. ---Amen

No comments: