Sunday, July 01, 2007

July 1st Daily Word, Hymn and Psalm

Rise, transformed, and choose to follow after Christ, though wounded, whole; broken, shared, our lives are hallowed to release and to console. Alleluia, alleluia; Christ, our present, past, and goal. ("Rise, O Church, like Christ Arisen" - Text Susan Palo Cherwien, b. 1953)
---
Mark 11.1-14-Seeing at a distance a fig tree in leaf, He went to see if perhaps He would find anything on it; and when He came to it, He found nothing but leaves, for it was not the season for figs.
1 Kings 1-Zadok the priest then took the horn of oil from the tent and anointed Solomon. Then they blew the trumpet, and all the people said, "Long live King Solomon!"
Hosea 4.11b-5.4-Their deed will not allow them to return to their God. For a spirit of harlotry is within them, and they do not know the LORD.
Luke 9.51-62-No one, after putting his hand to the plow and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.
--- --- ---
Set your face to the Love on that Cross and live for Me.
---
I keep my face pointing to the Love You show on the cross.
I rise transformed by the Love You show on the cross.
I choose to follow the Love You show on the cross.
I, broken, and sinful, look to the Love You show on that cross.
I joyously bear fruit because of the Love You show on that cross.
I am anointed with the oil of Love You show on that cross.
I repent and know the Love You show on that cross.
I keep my face pointing to the Love You show on that cross.

You suffered on that cross.
You died on that cross.
You were abandoned on that cross.
You were rejected on that cross.
You were humiliated on that cross.
You were mocked on that cross.
You gave Your life on that cross.
You defeated sin, death and all evil on that cross.

I keep my face pointing to the Love You show on that cross.
You are my God and Savior!
I keep my face pointing to the Love You show on that cross.
---
Lord, it's all about You. It's about all You have done. You save all of us. Keep my face looking, staring, in a trance, to the Love You show on that cross. Use my life as part of Your plan in all glory to the Love you show on that cross. ---Amen

No comments: