Sunday, July 15, 2007

July 15th Daily Word, Hymn and Psalm

O radiant Light, O Sun divine of God the Father's deathless face, O image of the Light sublime that fills the heavenly dwelling place ("O Radiant Light, O Sun Divine" - Text Greek hymn, 3rd cent.; para. William G. Storey)
---
1 Corinthians 3-For the wisdom of this world is foolishness before God.
1 Kings 15.33-16.34-It came about, as though it had been a trivial thing for him to walk in the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nebat...
Joel 3-And in that day the mountains will drip with sweet wine, and the hills will flow with milk, and all the brooks of Judah will flow with water; and a spring will go out from the house of the LORD...
Luke 10.25-37-And he said, "The one who showed mercy toward him. " Then Jesus said to him, "Go and do the same."
--- --- ---
I have shown you the compassion and mercy I want you to have for one another, even your enemies. Now go!
---
Now go! Go into this world and show compassion and mercy to my enemies.
A tall order and a difficult one.
Show mercy to someone who has harmed me.
Show mercy and forgive someone who has hurt me.
A tall order and a difficult one.
But I give You thanks dear Lord Jesus that You have shown mercy and compassion to me.
Me, someone who has harmed You.
Me, someone who hurt You.
Forgive me Lord!
In Your compassion, the mountains drip with sweet wine.
In Your mercy, the hills flow with milk.
In Your forgiveness, is a spring of life-giving water.
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness before You.
I now go! Showing compassion, mercy and forgiveness to all...
Yes, even my enemies.
---
Lord, You send me day after day. You forgive me, show compassion, and have mercy on me. And then You send me to do likewise. I go in the Light of Your heavenly glory today. ---Amen

No comments: