Monday, July 30, 2007

July 30th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Creator Spirit, heavenly dove, descend upon us from above; with graces manifold restore your creatures as they were before. ("Creator Spirit, Hevenly Dove" - Text: Rhabanus Maurus, 776-856; tr. composite)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
1 Corinthians 15.1-34-I affirm, brethren, by the boasting in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.
2 Kings 10-Thus Jehu eradicated Baal out of Israel.
Micah 1-For behold, the LORD is coming forth from His place, He will come down and tread on the high places of the earth.
Colossians 2.16-3.1-Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I have come to you today. Be with Me, now and forever.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Lord, You come down to me.
You always come down to me to be with me.
Day in and day out, You are here and near.
You come down to me.

I turn and You are there.
I die to my sin daily.
Through the waters of baptism, You drown sin.
You come down to me to save me.

I repent and change my life for You.
You change me and correct me.
You lead and guide me.
You come down and I follow You.

You come down to me.
I seek You wherever You are.
I seek You in the high places.
I find You in the low places next to me.

Lord, You come down.
Praise to the Father, Son and Spirit.
Praise to God my salvation.
Lord, You come down to me.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I rejoice day after day that You sent Your Son Jesus to me. I rejoice in the Spirit ever present. I rejoice and give You all honor, glory and praise. For You have come to me in my low places. ---Amen

No comments: