Monday, October 01, 2007

October 1st Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine! Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine! Heir of salvation, purchase of God, born of his spirit, washed in his blood. This is my story, this is my song. praising my Savior all the day long; this is my story, this is my song, praising my Savior all the day long. ("Blessed Assurance" - Text:Fanny J. Crosby, 1820-1915)
--- --- ---


Readings of the Day
Revelation 1-"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
Nehemiah 1-2-So I came to Jerusalem and was there three days.
Psalm 96-Sing to the LORD, bless His name; proclaim good tidings of His salvation from day to day.
Amos 6.8-14-"I loathe the arrogance..."
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I have saved you. I have blessed you with gifts. I give you abilities you haven't even used. Now go, into My Kingdom. Do what I have set out for you to do. Tell your story of My activity in your life.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Jesus, You are mine!
You are my Friend.
You are my Savior.
You are my Shepherd.
You are my King.
Jesus, You are mine!

Jesus, You are the Alpha and Omega.
You purchased my life.
You washed me in Your blood.
You provide a foretaste of the feast to come.
You are assurance and hope.
Jesus, You are the Alpha and Omega.

Jesus, You live forever.
In three days You rose from the dead.
You defeated, sin, death and the devil.
You are the Almighty, who is and who was and who is to come.
Jesus, You are my Eternal King.
Jesus, You live forever.

Jesus, I praise Your name.
I will sing a song of praise to You.
You are in my life now and forever.
You create a story out of my life.
I will tell that story all my days.
Jesus, I praise Your name.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Jesus, You are my King. I come to You this day with a grateful heart for all You have done for me. I could never thank You enough. You take me back even from my sin. I praise You and give You glory. You are my Savior! Fill me this day with Your gifts. Send me with Your blessings. I want to serve You in Your Kingdom, today and forever. ---Amen



No comments: