Monday, December 10, 2007

December 10th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Come now, O Prince of peace, make us one body. Come, O Lord Jesus, reconcile your people. ("Come Now, O Prince of Peace" - Text:Geonyong Lee, b. 1947; tr. Marion Pope)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Ephesians 5.21-33-Husbands, love your wives...and the wife must see to it that she respects her husband.
Ezekiel 16-Nevertheless, I will remember My covenant with you in the days of your youth, and I will establish an everlasting covenant with you.
Isaiah 45-Drip down, O heavens, from above, and let the clouds pour down righteousness; let the earth open up and salvation bear fruit, and righteousness spring up with it. I, the LORD, have created it.
Isaiah 24.1-16a-Behold, the LORD lays the earth waste, devastates it, distorts its surface and scatters its inhabitants.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Be one in body through My coming. Be one in each other. Even though you sin and destroy My creation; I save you. Be one in me and one in each other. Be one in body through My coming.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
In the cloud, I see Your presence.
In the column of fire, I know of Your being.
In the cloud are Your gracious waters of baptism.
In the fire is the flame of Your Spirit.
Pour out Your waters from the cloud.
Let Your waters drip from heaven.
May Your fire feed me with life.

Teach me love and respect.
Unite us in one body.
Pour out salvation to this sin filled world.
Forgive our sin as we humbly repent.
Lead us in Your Will and in Your Way.
Let us grow Your fruit of Love.
Grant that we may live for You.

Send us to work in Your new creation.
Send us to do Your Will.
Send us in Your Love to love each other.
Send us to praise and worship You.
Send us to glorify Your presence.
Send us to point to Your Light.
Send us act in Your Love.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I have ruined Your creation. Forgive me. Call me, gift me and send me if You choose. I give my life to You. You gave Your Life for me. Thanks be to God! ---Amen

No comments: