Saturday, December 01, 2007

December 1st Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
O God, whose heart compassionate bears every human pain, redeem this violent, wounding world till gentleness shall reign. O God of mercy , hear our prayer: bring peace to earth again! ("Bring Peace to Earth Again" - Text: Herman G. Stuempfle Jr., b. 1923)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Galatians 5.1-15-For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.
Lamentations 5-You, O LORD, rule forever; Your throne is from generation to generation.
Psalm 147-The LORD favors those who fear Him, those who wait for His lovingkindness.
Psalm 122-May peace be within you.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Sure, life can and will be painful. You will have sorrow and war and sin. But I came to save you. I came to bring peace. I rule forever. This world is not eternity. I AM eternity. Have faith. Have hope. Wait, yet serve Me in My Kingdom; now and in eternity.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
You came and freed me from sin.
You came and saved me from selfishness.
You came and showed me a better way.
You came to bring peace.
You came to walk side by side with me in life.
You came in the midst of war.
You came in the midst of sin.

You came.
You walked.
You ate.
You suffered.
You died.
You rose again.
You live.
You ascended.

You came.
You came.
You came.
You are here!
Thanks be to God!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Come Lord Jesus, come! Come Spirit, come! I need You know and always. Come Father, Spirit, Son. Come! ---Amen

No comments: