Thursday, December 27, 2007

December 27th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Infant holy, infant lowly, for his bed a cattle stall; oxen lowing, little knowing Christ the child is Lord of all. Swiftly winging, angels singing, bells are ringing, tidings bringing: Christ the child is Lord of all! Christ the child is Lord of all! ("Infant Holy, Infant Lowly" - Text:Polish carol; rt. Edith M.G. Reed, 1885-1933, alt.)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Luke 3.1-20-John answered and said to them all, "As for me, I baptize you with water; but One is coming who is mightier than I, and I am not fit to untie the thong of His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.
Ezekiel 40-41-He measured its length, twenty cubits, and the width, twenty cubits, before the nave; and he said to me, "This is the most holy place."
Isaiah 62-Go through, go through the gates, clear the way for the people; build up, build up the highway, remove the stones, lift up a standard over the peoples.
1 John 5.1-12-Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and whoever loves the Father loves the child born of Him.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Small and large, weak and strong. I come small and weak but am large and strong. I come to enter your heart small and weak. I grow to be large and strong. Believe that I have come to Your temple. Believe and you will take part in the large and strong Kingdom of God. I will use you.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I don't underestimate the greatness of Your coming.
Even though you come as a lowly Child, I know of Your greatness.
You save the world from sin and death.
You come in life to bring Life to all.
Small and weak yet large and strong.
You baptize with the Holy Spirit and fire.
You put it all into action.
You set up Your Kingdom to be eternal.
Powerful, yet in a different way.
Powerful in Your way.
Send me to remove the stones and build for You.
Allow me to take the measurements and follow Your plan.
Teach me how to live in Your New Kingdom of Love and Life.
I don't underestimate the greatness of Your coming.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord, You are by all means great. You are my God. You are my Savior. I am Your child. Teach me Your Way. Let me follow Your plan. Unfold Your print and save me this day. ---Amen

No comments: