Monday, December 31, 2007

December 31st Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
O tender Child, you veil in flesh the splendor of your might; a servant's garb now wraps the one who clothed the sky with light, who clothed the sky with light. ("Let All Together Praise Our God" - Text:Nikolaus Herman, 1480-1561; tr. hymnal version)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Luke 5.1-26-Do not fear, from now on you will be catching men, When they had brought their boats to land, they left everything and followed Him.
Ezekiel 48-...and the name of the city from that day shall be, "The LORD is there."
Isaiah 66-...all mankind will come to bow down before Me...
John 8.12-19-I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I am the Light. I am the Center. Do not fear, but leave your life behind and follow me. You will walk with me out of darkness and into Light.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Sometimes at work, I can't seem to accomplish a thing.
I work and work and work, without results.
Then, You are present.
You teach me about a different kind of result.
You make it all look so simple.
Give life away to gain life.
Cast my nets again and fish will be caught.
You veil the splendor of Your might in flesh.
You teach me to go to the other side of the boat.
To cast my focus away from myself and towards others.
This is where Love is found.
With others as the point of my love.
With You as the center of my love.
When I leave it all behind and follow You, I find Love.
You light the path out of darkness into Your Light.
Yet you come to me clothed as I am clothed.
You look just like me but are perfect in nature.
You are a man and at the same time my God.
You are my Savior and Teacher, my Guide and Life.
You make complete the name of the city, "The Lord is There."
Your presence is what I follow.
Your path, I walk with You.
I bow at Your feet and seek to do Your will.
I'm ready to leave it all behind and follow You.
For now I see, it's not about what I accomplish through "My" efforts.
But what You accomplish in me.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I cast my nets on the side You choose. It's not about me. It's all about You. Lead, guide, teach and show me Your way. I leave it all to follow You. ---Amen

No comments: