Thursday, December 13, 2007

December 13th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
My child as prophet of the Lord you will prepare the way, to tell God's people they are saved from sin's eternal sway. Then shall God's mercy from on high shine forth and never cease to drive away the gloom of death and lead us into peace. ("Blessed Be the God of Israel" -Text:Carl P. Daw Jr., b. 1944, based on Luke 1.68-79)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Philippians 1.12-30-For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.
Ezekiel 19-As for you, take up a lamentation...
Isaiah 48-Listen to Me, O Jacob, even Israel whom I called; I am He, I am the first, I am also the last.
2 Peter 3.1-10-The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Give Your life to me. It's mine after all anyway. But I want you to give it back to me. Then, you will really begin to live. Trust in My Word. Trust in Me.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
You gave me life.
For some reason, You gave me life.
You placed me here.

I have spoiled this life You gave to me with sin.
I have not done as You expected for me to do.
Forgive me for what I have done with this life You gave to me.

I give my life back to You.
You take my life and change me.
You give me Life through Your Life given.

Life is a mystery to me.
Life is a curiosity.
It's hard to understand purpose.

But, I stop and listen to Your Voice.
I see what You have done.
I see how You gave Your Life to me.

I give thanks for a reformed life.
I give thanks for a new beginning.
I give thanks for You and Your Love.

Use my life.
Use my body.
Use my spirit.

I give my life to You.
I revel in joy for You.
I go out to serve You.

You are my eternal God, first, last, always.
You are my Savior and King.
You are...the great I AM.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord, YOU ARE and i am because of what YOU ARE. Thanks! ---Amen

No comments: