Thursday, December 20, 2007

December 20th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
O come, O Dayspring, come and cheer; O Sun of justice, now draw near disperse the gloomy clouds of night, and death's dark shadow put to flight. Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel shall come to you, O Israel. ("O Come, O Come, Emmanuel" - Text: Psalteriolum Cantionum Catholicarum, Koln, 1710; tr. composite)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Colossians 2.20-3.17-So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you. Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful.
Ezekiel 29-30-Thus says the Lord GOD, "I will also destroy the idols..."
Isaiah 55-Ho! Every one who thirsts, come to the waters...
Galatians 3.23-29-Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
You are guilty of sin. Only I can disperse your gloom of sin. I come to you and save you. My Law has convicted you. Now turn and repent.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I'm guilty and I know it.
Your Law has shown me my sin.
You Law leads me to smell the stench of my sin.
I turn to You, and humbly repent.
I need You to save me from myself, from sin, from the devil and from death.
I need You.

Draw near, Lord Jesus.
Send Your Spirit to disperse the cloud of sin from me.
Replace my cloud with Your presence in Your cloud.
Put my selfish shadow to flight.
Come Emmanuel, come.
I need You.

You forgive me.
Send me to forgive others.
Fill me with compassion and kindness.
Make me gentle and patient.
Humbly let me bear with others.
I need You.

Destroy all the idols in my life.
Clothe me in Your Love that I may be with others.
I come to Your waters and seek nourishment through You.
You are my Savior and Lord.
I come to You and You fill me with faith.
I need You.

Come Emmanuel, come.
Be present with and in me.
You are my first Light.
You are my last Light.
You are all I need.
I need You.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
I need You. Come Emmanuel, come! ---Amen

No comments: