Wednesday, December 05, 2007

December 5th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Rejoice, rejoice, take heart in the night, though dark the winter and cheerless, the rising sun shall crown you with light, be strong and loving and fearless. Love be our song and love our prayer and love our endless story; may God fill every day we share and bring us at last into glory. ("Awake! Awake, and Greet the New Morn" - Text:Marty Haugen, b. 1950)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Ephesians 2-For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.
Ezekiel 6-7-Now the end is upon you...
Isaiah 40-A voice is calling, "Clear the way for the LORD in the wilderness; make smooth in the desert a highway for our God. Let every valley be lifted up, and every mountain and hill be made low; and let the rough ground become plain, and the rugged terrain a broad valley; then the glory of the LORD will be revealed, and all flesh will see it together; for the mouth of the LORD has spoken."
Matthew 24.23-35-And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet and the will gather together His elect from the four winds, form one end of the sky to the other.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Love, grace, faith; all are mine. I will fill you with each. Make ready. I AM coming soon. Make ready for Love, grace and faith.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
It's all about You, Lord.
Love, Grace and Faith; all Your gifts.
Love in the coming of Jesus into my world, and into my life.
Faith given through Your Spirit, into my heart.
Grace given through active Love of Christ on that cross, for all people.
Love, Grace and Faith; all Your gifts.

I prepare for Your coming.
I prepare for Your coming in Love.
I prepare for Your coming in Grace.
I prepare for Your coming in Faith.
I prepare and make the mountains low and the valleys high.
I prepare and listen to the crying voice of the wilderness, for Love, Grace and Faith.

Come Lord Jesus, in Love, Grace and Faith.
Come Lord Jesus, to gather Your elect.
Come Lord Jesus; end my selfishness and make new my life in You.
Come Lord Jesus, and make my pathway smooth.
Come Lord Jesus, hear my praise to You.
Come Lord Jesus, prepare me for Love, Grace and Faith.

Come Lord Jesus, come!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Jesus, You are the Light of Love, Grace and Faith. Fill me and come into my heart. I prepare my heart for Your coming. I'm exciting about Your Love, Grace and Faith. Come, Lord, come! ---Amen

No comments: