Tuesday, December 11, 2007

December 11th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Angels announce with shouts of mirth him who brings new life to earth. Set every peak and valley humming with the word, the Lord is coming. People, look east, and sing today --- Love, the Lord, is on the way. ("People, Look East"-Text:Eleanor Farjeon, 1881-1965)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Ephesians 6-Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. Honor Your Father and Mother (which is the first commandment with a promise), so that it may be well with you, and that you may live long on the earth. Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
Ezekiel 17-I will also take a sprig from the lofty top of the cedar and set it out; I will pluck from the topmost of its young twigs a tender one and I will plant it on a high and lofty mountain. On the high mountain of Israel I will plant it, that it may bring forth boughs and bear fruit and become a stately cedar. And birds of every kind will nest under it; they will nest in the shade of its branches.
Isaiah 46-I bring near My righteousness, it is not far off; and My salvation will not delay.
Isaiah 41.14-20-I will open rivers on the bare heights and springs in the midst of the valleys; I will make the wilderness a pool of water and the dry land fountains of water.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I give you Love. I give you Love in Christ Jesus. I give you Life in Christ Jesus. I give you Jesus.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I see a tree on a mountain.
I see a cross on a hill.
I see Life on that tree.
I see Love on that cross.
I see that tree producing fruit.
I see people loving You and each other.
I see Jesus on that cross.
I see people gathering in awe at the foot of that cross.
I see a tree on a mountain.
I see a Church gathered together under the cross.
I see a Savior reigning in all glory.
I see a People giving their lives to that Life.
I see a Church working in love together because of that Love.
I see water flowing from the Tree on the Mountain.
I see salvation on that cross.
I see the wilderness of our sin replenished with a wealth of water.
I see forgiveness flow from that cross.
I see love and respect at the base of that tree.
I see honor and glory on that cross.
I see discipline and love radiate from that tree.
I see a tree on a mountain.
I see a cross on a hill.
I see new life on earth.
I see Love.
I see Life.
I see Jesus.

Now I draw near to that tree, to that cross, and bow in love and respect.
I see Jesus!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
I wait for Your coming. I wait for You at the base of the tree; I long for Your Love. Come, Lord Jesus, come! ---Amen

No comments: